Monday, January 25, 2010

Dressage Clinic with Silva in Aiken this Week




We’d like to invite everyone out to the farm in Aiken this Wednesday and Thursday to watch Silva’s first clinic of the year at our winter training facility in the Bridle Creek development in Aiken, SC. It’s a sensational farm with a state-of-the-art dressage arena, (pictured above), the perfect venue for Silva to coach some of the finest riders in eventing, including developing riders Jennie Brannigan and Lillian Heard, Canadian superstar Kelli Temple and recent California transplant Nick Cwick. It will be fun to see Molly Rosin bringing Havarah’s Charly back after he was injured last year.

This will be the first of a series of clinics, so if you can’t make it this time be sure to check our website for future dates.


The clinic will be held at 1051 Clear Creek Court, Aiken, SC 29803


The schedule is as follows:


WEDNESDAY


8:00 Jennie Brannigan

8:45 Laura VanderVliet

9:30 Lillian Heard

10:15 Caroline Cadier

11:30 Caroline Cadier

1:00 Kelli Temple

1:45 Nick Cwick

2:30 Kelli Temple

3:15 Annika Lipsky


THURSDAY


8:00 Boyd Martin

8:45 Molly Rosin

9:30 Boyd Martin

10:15 Lillian Heard

11:30 Densey Juvonen

1:00 Laura VanderVliet

1:45 Annika Lipsky

2:30 Jennie Brannigan

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how to contact you both to ask a question, so I'm going to post it here.
    I'm a LL eventer, and I'm really trying to improve my position both over fences, and during dressage. I'm currently in search of a well fitting dressage saddle, and I'm finding that I have a lot of bad habits. I've recently learned that I tip my pelvis too far forward during dressage, so I'm trying to sit with a straight lower back, but I'm having issues figuring out where the proper angle is, and what it should be for over fences work in comparison. Since your team is so educated, I figured this is a good place to ask.
    What hip angle should I be trying to maintain for dressage compared to the angle over fences? And how do I learn to feel for it, and mantain it?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexie

    I would love to give you a easy answer to your questions but it is very hard to answer position questions without having seen you ride.
    I not sure where you are located but you are very welcome to bring your horse for a lesson in PA or SC. I also give lessons for position only which is a little cheaper than a private dressage lesson.
    I can give you a answer for your question about a dressage saddle.
    I ride all my horses in a L'Apogee dressage saddle. I love the saddle because it puts you in a beautiful position without giving you the feeling of been locked in. Riding in the L'Apogee really gives you the feeling that you become one with your horse.
    I also have all our working students riding in the L'Apogee and it has improved everyones' position a lot.

    If you are interested in trying a L'Apogee for a few days contact :
    Kitty:LAPOGEE@aol.com

    Also free to call and set up a lesson with me or Boyd!

    Silva

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I would absolutely love to have a lesson with you, unfortunately I live in Ontario Canada, and that road trip is just a bit far for a lesson. I think I need to find a clinician who specializes in position closer to home.

    I'll look into a L'Apogee saddle. I may have to struggle with a lesser saddle for a few years before I can afford one.

    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.
    Lex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to know who that guy is up on the roof? :)

    ReplyDelete