Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday Silva and Trot-Up at Fair Hill


I’d like to wish my beautiful wife Silva a happy birthday! 30 years ago this beautiful blond bombshell was born in Duesseldorf, Germany and 30 years later she’s happily living her dream of training horses here in the USA. Her parents Christa and Christoph are staying with us at the moment and have been here since the WEG; they leave for their homeland tomorrow.

Silva’s mum Christa and Boyd’s show cat Manny Pacquiao


Today the competition started with the first veterinary inspection at the Fair Hill CCI***. I was a late entry on Erin Sylvester’s 9-year-old thoroughbred gelding, Armani IV. This is a catch ride for me and the first competition I’ll have ridden him in. He’s a very talented young horse having his first crack at the big time; he’s still a little green in a few of the dressage movements and with some of the complicated cross-country questions, so I got the big call-up to see if I could hop on and do my best here, thanks to Erin.

Our dressage looks to be on late Friday afternoon and I’ve walked the cross-country and it looks a long, tough, intimidating course. Stay tuned for more! Scores will be available here.

-Boyd

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SILVA!!! I hope you had a really nice piece of cake!! :)
    Cherie & Katchi

    ReplyDelete