Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Event Horses Arrive in Aiken




Aiken Farm



After watching the precious dressage horses prance off to Aiken last week, the event horses finally found the sun in Aiken, arriving yesterday at Ilene Boorman's beautiful farm. All the horses looked like they shipped well to South Carolina.
Neville

Otis

Last Monarch, aka "Stewie"

Summer Breeze

The Real Steddie Eddie

Our first eventing start is next weekend at Pine Top Horse Trials in Thomson, Georgia. We have a few new faces in the barn that look promising. It is shaping up to be a very exciting year, with some very nice looking horses that are just oozing with class!

We also have a new member to our crew: Lindsay Taylor, professional groom extraordinaire. Lindsay has learned finesse and attention to detail through working at Becky Holder's barn in the last year or two, and I wish her all the best as she brings her talents to our crew.

Boyd


Caitlin's view of the barn in Aiken through Steddie Eddie's ears

1 comment:

  1. In addition to what I've learned from Becky, I'd also like to give a big thank you to Cathy Jones-Forsberg, who I've worked for most recently during the past three years. Cathy is a wonderful rider and teacher who has taught me a tremendous amount about horsemanship and riding. She is a great mentor to me and given me a passion for detailed management of horses. I look forward to applying the skills she has taught me to caring for the horses in Boyd's barn.

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete