Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2011 Jersey Fresh 3-Day Event Preview

Call Me Ollie, owned by Faye Woolf


We arrived this afternoon at the Horse Park of New Jersey where I'm competing four quality horses in the Jersey Fresh three-day event. In the CCI*** Otis Barbotiere is out for his third advanced-level test of the year. He's in good form and we're starting to develop a partnership; I'm looking forward to producing another good result for the syndicate in his lead-up to Bromont.

In the CCI** I've got Dana Diemer's Cold Harbor. "Bo" has been in dazzling form at his last few horse trials and I'm confident of kicking out a good result for Dana this weekend. The majority of training and riding of Cold Harbor, before I was lucky enough to sit on him, has been thanks to the very pregnant Holly Hepp Hudspeth, who's expecting a baby any day now.

I have two in the two-star: Faye Woolf's Call Me Ollie (photo) and Maddie Fleet's Guypowder Valley. Both of these horses are new to me in the last month. Ollie has done all his training with Olympic rider Becky Holder; he's a stunning Holsteiner/Thoroughbred gelding that has amazing presence and an awesome disposition. Guypowder Valley has come to me to sell - He's a wonderful intermediate horse that will definitely make an up-and-coming rider a fantastic partner. He's priced reasonably and we're looking for a good home.

I also have a couple of star students here, Caitlin Silliman, (CCI2*) and Erin Sylvester (CCI3*), who will be out to impress everyone. Both of them have shown considerable improvement this spring and I'm looking forward to seeing how things go for them this weekend.

The Jersey Fresh event looks bigger and better than ever: the ground looks fantastic after plenty of spring rain and the trot-up starts the competition off tomorrow at lunch time.

Stay tuned for results.


-Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment