For the second weekend straight I took my crew of 'up and coming' horses, plus a few of the 'old boys', for a jump around the Maryland Horse Trials. I must say that the event at Loch Moy keeps getting better and better. The new jumping and dressage rings are world class, the x-country is awesome, and the organizers and volunteers are the friendliest and most helpful around. All in all, it's great event at which to compete horses.
- 3rd Open Intermediate - Cold Harbour, owned by Dana & Manny Diemer
- WD Open Intermediate - Remington, owned by Densey and Ron Juvonen (1st after dressage and show jumping)
- WD Open Intermediate - Neville Bardos, owned by the Neville Syndicate (1st after dressage and show jumping)
- 5th Open Prelim - Merging, owned by Laurie Cameron
- WD Open Prelim - Ying Yang Yo, owned by Faye & Eliza Woolf (5th after dressage and show jumping)
- 1st Open Training - Steady Eddie, owned by George & Gretchen Wintersteen & Denise Lahey & Pierre Colin
- 11th Open Training - Drummond, owned by Katie & Cuyler Walker
- 3rd Open Novice - Krugerrand, owned by Manny and Dana Diemer
- 4th Open Beginner Novice - Yippee Yi Yo, owned by Windurra USA, LLC
Next weekend is the Fitch's Corner Horse Trials in Millbrook, New York. This should be another fantastic event where I think I am appearing as a guest bartender on Friday evening at the 'Meet the Champions' reception.
The following four images are from GRC Photo:
Boyd Martin and Merging, Prelim at MDHT