Sunday, September 11, 2011

Preparations for Dressage at Devon

Boyd and I are finally home from all our latest travels. Chicago and of course Burghley were fun but it is so nice to be home and working with my horses again.

My girls and I are getting ready to compete at Dressage at Devon at the end of September. Kymmy and Markie qualified in Fourth level; I am proud of of them! They have worked hard and are looking great for Devon. Ashlea and Mintie are entered in the Young Rider CDI. This is the last qualifier for them for the Young Rider World Cup in Germany in December.

Devon is the youngest one out of my girls. She is not entered at Dressage at Devon this year but her riding is getting better and better and she will be showing there in the years to come.

I am entered on three horses: Stately is entered in the 6-year-old classes and in the Fourth level classes; Duvent is entered in the Fourth level classes; I am also entered on a real baby named Lord Licorice who is only three years old. Licorice is owned by Kristy Livingston who bought him as a baby and has done a great job at raising him and breaking him in. Licorice and I don't really know each other very well yet but he seams like a horse with a great attitude and loves to work.
We still have a few weeks to get to know each other and hopefully we will be ready for the baby class at Devon.

I am very much looking forward to showing Duvent at Devon. Duvent has come such a long way in a very short amount of time. He is a very attractive and very talented horse but he gets worried at times. I have been working very hard to understand him and he has been trying very hard to work with me. I really think we are having a breakthrough and he is getting more and more confident.

Exactly one year ago Duvent and I did our first show together, which also was Duvent's very first show. we showed in second level; now we have been showing Prix St. Georges and we qualified for Fourth level at Devon. I think we could do very well there. Fingers crossed for Duvent and I!

Here is a little video of us working at home:



Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment