Friday, October 14, 2011

Thomas Takes the Lead at Fair Hill International CCI3*

We've had a great start to the Dansko Fair Hill International Three-Day Event in Elkton, Maryland. In the CCI2* yesterday Cold Harbor put in one of his best dressage tests to date on a 58. This is his toughest phase and has been a work in progress all year and I was pleased with the way he went. The two-star cross-country looks tough and technical, and with the heavy ground it will make sure this competition is not a dressage show. I’m expecting Manny and Dana Diemer’s horse to get out there and tackle it well.

The highlight of today was riding my old partner Ying Yang Yo, now owned by Faye and Eliza Woolf, who put in a smoking dressage test in the CCI3*. It’s been a few years since I rode Thomas at the international level and it felt like I was riding my old bike. Tomorrow’s course looks relentless, especially with all the rain they’ve had this week. I feel like I’ve got Thomas very fit but I’ll play it smart and start out slow and see how much horse I’ve got; if he feels good I’ll go for the time but if it feels like he's not at his best then I’ll give him a nice easy run.


-Boyd

EventingNation.com posted a video on YouTube:



Also see the USEF Press Release


Live Scores


At some point the Fair Hill website will have the cross-country times posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment