Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ying Yang Yo Passes First Veterinary Inspection at Luhmuehlen


First Veterinary Inspection
First Veterinary Inspection
Ying Yang Yo ("Thomas") and I passed the first jog at the Luhmuehlen CCI**** in Germany this afternoon.  The Ying Yang seems to be in great spirits in his first 4-star start in four years. He had a less than an ideal prep with only one intermediate start in the last two months, but I have a lot of faith in the old campaigner.

A big cheers must go to Elmar Lesch, who housed Thomas and Sara last week before the big event.  Elmar is one of the top German event riders, and also specializes in selling German event horses.
Boyd Martin and Kevin McNab
It was great to see my best man from my wedding in Australia, Kevin McNab, who came over to ride Clifton Pinot.  Kevin and I worked a couple of years together when we were 18 as working pupils for Heath Ryan at the infamous as New South Wales Equestrian Center in Lochinvar, Australia.

Goofing around with Peter Atkins and his crutches
All of the American horses looked in good form.  Pete Atkins is still complaining about his broken toe nail, so much so, he had Bettina trot his horse up. I am stabled next to Jules and Colleen whose horses look in fantastic condition.

This way to Luhmuehlen
I am very much looking forward to Thomas's part owners, Denise Lahey and Pierre Colin, joining us on Friday. They have had a hectic schedule lately, also cheering on Oscar at Bromont last weekend.  I would also like to send a shout out to Faye and Eliza Woolf who backed Thomas the last couple of years since he arrived in the States from Australia.

Cross-country looks to be a twisty, technical course which will take fast, accurate riding.  Not perfectly suited to the Ying Yang's style, but he should jump it well.  Looks like my dressage will be on Friday mid-morning.  Silva arrived this morning to help me out...I am a little nervous with all of the shopping available in the trade stands.

Guten Abend,

Boyd

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Henny appreciates you messing with his dad. Come to think of it, his dad doesn't look too happy with you either... ;-)

    ReplyDelete