Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pancho Villa's Arrival





I married well...

I'm very proud to announce that Pancho Villa arrived after a grueling four-day trek from Louisiana to Pennsylvania. He showed up at midnight on Monday evening, which was only a few hours prior to Lindso, Caitlin, Beau and me departing for The Fork Horse Trials in North Carolina.

After two days of hacking, Silva decided to have a ride on the new horse. (Unfortunately, the English/German translation for Pancho was mistaken for "Banjo", as you will see on the YouTube video). 

This must be one of the first times Silva has reported back to me saying I have selected a horse that has real talent for the dressage. The video above is Pancho's first dressage ride in probably over a week. As you can see, he went straight to work.

I'm very excited to get home from The Fork to get started with this very new, talented, AMERICAN-BRED Advanced Selle Francais gelding.

Boyd

3 comments:

  1. I foaled Pancho at 3H in Florida! I posted a foal pic to your facebook wall, I am so excited to see what the future holds. I also have his sire ,Icarus, in training who is such an incredible athlete as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banjo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched Pancho and Sydney in the Mark Todd Clinic in January in LA. He definitely has some major talent

    ReplyDelete