Tuesday, September 30, 2014

More from Dressage at Devon 2014


Thanks to my support team!

 It was a great weekend at Dressage at Devon! I couldn’t be happier, this was the first time since my accident that I really felt like I’m back, and it was exciting. Rosa felt fabulous and I’m lucky I’ve got that mare, she takes care of me. She’s stronger now and doesn’t feel green any more at this level, she’s very solid.

Everyone who could be was there was cheering me on, and those who couldn’t be there watched online. So many friends came out and were there for me and that was exciting. I talk to my mom all the time and she said when I told her I was going to ride at Devon, she just smiled and nodded but didn’t really believe it! My friends Mary Griffin and Kate Hicks were there too, and they also said they couldn’t believe I was coming back.  I think it was hard for the people who were right there with me through the accident, who weren’t sure what was going to happen. So it was awesome, and getting scores like that was exciting. We have a bright future ahead of us.

Jerusha and Rosa Cha, ready for the jog

My new group of girls, with Jerusha being head girl, and Jessie Crosby and Devon Seery, were amazing. Jerusha jogged Rosa for me and I really couldn’t have done it without her. You only see the rider in the arena, but it really takes a team to do what I do. It was a very quiet Devon for me though, I must say. I just had the young horse and Rosa; usually I have about 15 horses there so it seemed very quiet.

Reserve Champion!
On Saturday Boyd fell from Oscar (Trading Aces) when he slipped on wet grass during a gallop. He got a concussion but is doing alright; it was scary that he fell, though, especially just when I’m coming back from a head injury! We both push ourselves too hard, but fingers crossed he really is doing well. He came out to warm me up for the Freestyle on Sunday and it was great having him there.

Boyd Martin on Hannah Lu W
 It was also fun having Boyd riding Hannah earlier in the week, and Mike did a great job on Joulua, and Kat Lissett and Caitlin did a good job with Boyd’s young horses. It was great for the young horses to get out in that environment and they did a great job riding them.

Caitlin Silliman riding Barry
 Kymmy had a great weekend too and I’m so happy to see her doing well. It’s always exciting to see people who have been with me for so long go out and be great!

Mike Pindleton on Joulua
 I have an appointment with the doctor next week to talk about eye surgery. This week I’m taking Danka Schoene, (training level), owned by Melinda Walton and Larry Smith, to the Regional Championships. Benny won the Championships at second level last year, so he’s not allowed to compete at that level again, and I haven’t had him out enough to do the third level championships.

The goal is to get to Kentucky for the US finals. You have to either be champion or reserve to compete there, and since I haven’t really done anything this year I’d love to do something big going forward.

-Silva


Boyd and Hannah at the awards ceremony



No comments:

Post a Comment