Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Windurra Dressage Horses Arrive in Wellington, FL

Freestyle demo with Stately in Aiken
We have arrived in Wellington! Jessie, Jerusha and I have arrived in sunny Florida at last. We have settled in to our barn in the Equestrian Estates in White Fences and Rosa and I started with the training sessions with Robert Dover today. We had a very good ride and I am excited for the upcoming CDIs. I will have Rosa, my good friend Stately, and my new mare Sapphire in the CDIs, and of course I am excited to show my up and coming horses in the national shows.

After a lovely few weeks there it was sad to leave Aiken. Fernanda and Kirk made our stay there so perfect and it is hard to leave. We had a great last week in Aiken since some of my favorite students/friends, Pam and Sandy, came from Pennsylvania to ride for a few days and before they took their horses back to PA. We also had an amazing surprise when Melinda Walton and Larry Smith decided at the last minute to spend the last weekend with us in Aiken.


Melinda and Larry's homebred horses 

I was so thrilled that Melinda came on a hack with us on one of her homebred horses, Danka Shoene, now owned by Michelle Huber. We took everybody for a hack since they were all going on the long drive the next day.

In the group with Melinda we took all of Melinda and Larry's homebreds: Duvent, Cece, Rio , Benny and Danka Shoene, and we had blast.


Fernanda

Fernanda put on my yearly farewell lunch on Thursday and of course she outdid herself once again. I was so happy to see so many people come and support me and wish me well in Florida . I am a lucky girl!! I rode Stately in his new freestyle for everybody (photo above).

Now I am excited for my session with Robert Dover again tomorrow and for Boyd's arrival tomorrow for the exiting Eventing Showcase this weekend!


-Silva





No comments:

Post a Comment