Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Silva Martin: NEDA Fall Festival Preview



Silva will be competing at the New England Dressage Association Fall Festival in Saugerties, New York this September, and has a little preview of her preparations.

I will be taking Jeff to Saugerties and have been taking him to Jessica Ransehausen for training. She’s helping me so much to put the finishing touches on the Grand Prix. His piaffe/passage is coming along beautifully and the flying changes are really good. Jessica is good at taking the test apart and making it perfect. Jeff almost knows everything, it’s just a matter of putting it all together. Jess is so good at working every single step in the test – you kind of get good at the movements and then she pulls it all together. She’s also in Unionville, so she’s really close to home.

Jeff actually didn’t like the venue at Saugerties last year: they have a big loudspeaker and he bolted from it last year! But he is a different horse now. It’s exciting to have a horse that I have brought along myself; he’s still green but he knows all the movements now. He came up through the levels pretty fast, and he feels much more confident than a few months ago.

After the Small Tour at Saugerties I am skipping the BLM Championship to focus on the international classes.

I also got my freestyle put together. Jeff Anderson is a musician and put it together for me. The music includes Abba’s “Dancing Queen” and “Mamma Mia”. It’s so much fun and Jeff loves moving to the music!

-Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment