Monday, October 12, 2009

Colonel Bengt Ljundquist Memorial Championships





I rode at the CBLM's last weekend: Jeff, Sea Lord and Concorde competed in the PSG championships and Comet V in the third level championships.

The third level championships was a very competitive class. Comet was such a good boy! I am so proud of him - he has come such a long way this season. We had a great warm up and in the ring he tried his little heart out for me. We scored 66 percent and ended up reserve champion!

In the PSG Championships Jeff was first on and since I did not have the best result at Devon I was really hoping that Jeff would not get too nervous this time. He did not, but I also have to say that I rode him much better this time. It just takes such a long time to find out what the best warm up is for each horse and how you go about riding each horse in the ring.

I have worked with Jessica a lot on working out how I can get the best result out of Jeff in the ring and we did much much better and scored 66.8 percent and finished fifth.We still made a few expensive mistakes in the canter but over all I was very happy!

My second horse in the PSGwas Sea Lord: the great thing about my Thoroughbred, who we call Big Bird in the barn, is that he never lets me down! However he is in the warm up, he going to be the same in the ring. And the more people that are watching, the better he goes. He is a real showman.

Sea Lord is still green at the FEI level but I was very happy with his test. He was beautiful in the trot and did not really make any mistakes in the canter; he just needs to be more supple and loose in his back. He still needs to get stronger. But I LOVE him! We scored 65 percent and finished seventh.

My third horse in the PSG was Concorde. I have only worked with Conorde for the last 3 months and he has come a long long way. We showed in our first third level not long ago and here we are in October showing in the PSG championships. He really did a good test with a few little mistakes here and there but over all very good for such a green horse. We finished 6th on 66.3 percent.

All the scores in the PSG were very close!

On Sunday I showed Jeff in the I-1 championships. Again he did not let me down, this time doing an even better test than in the PSG. I could have ridden the canter a little better - I gave some marks away being a little in untidy in some parts, but we moved up to third place! I am so happy that we are back on track!

On Sunday Comet, Sea Lord and Concorde showed in the fourth level championships.

Concorde was the first horse in the class. He was not as good as he was in the PSG on friday - I think he was a little tired because he has been working very hard. We finished seventh.

Sea Lord was the next one for me. He was great one again. That is the nice thing of riding a TB: they never give up. Sea Lord finished reserve champion in fourth level!!

Comet V who is still new at fourth level was really very good. We had the best warm up ever; he felt so great! In the ring we had a good trot and got a little tangled in the changes in the the canter. But still I am so proud of Comet for making it to the championships and finishing so great.
We finished just in front of Concorde in 6th.

Now the boys can have little vacation!

-Silva

1 comment: