Sunday, February 24, 2013

First Show of 2013 in Florida: Welcome Back to White Fences I


We had a great first show in Florida! It was a busy weekend with 11 of our horses showing.
First I have to say what a great show the White Fences show was. It was very well organized and a beautiful venue. Adam, the organizer and owner of the place, went all out and could not have done a better job of putting on this wonderful show!

I was very proud of Rosa Cha who did her first Intermediare I. She felt great in the ring and could not have tried harder for me. We scored 68% and finished second. Now I feel ready for our first international CDI next weekend at the Palm Beach Derby!

My three five-year-old horses, Benefactor RRS, Di Solitaire and Fortissimo B, were amazing!
On Friday Di Solitaire won his first ever first level test 3 with a 74% and Benefactor was third on 71%. Fortissimo also won his first first level with an outstanding score of 77%.

Yesterday my three boys showed in their first Markel qualifier for 5-year-olds. Benefactor blew me away by performing a stellar and mistake-free test, winning with a score of 82%. That score puts him on top of the ranking list for 5-year-olds in the country so far!

Fortissimo was also amazing! He tried very hard and showed off his unbelievable gaits . We had two small 'green' mistakes and he finished second with a score of 80%.

Di Solitaire is the greenest out of the three boys. He tries so hard for me but it is a very difficult test for a 5-year-old horse and he made a few little mistakes, which put us fourth on 77% .

Likely Story showed in her first second levels and I am so proud of this little mare. She is a real trouper and she won on Friday in second level test 2, then finished third on Saturday in second level test 3.

Anne Lavers' Colin showed fourth level for the first time and was second on Friday and fourth on Saturday. He did great! (Pictured above)

I was also riding a new horse for me, Monte Carlo, who is owned by Ellie Ball. Monte is a cool horse and he placed second on Friday in third level with 71% and 8th on Saturday.

Kymmy won second level on Rigoletto, who is owned by Sandy Retzlaff. She also came third on Hot Date with great scores and rode a nice test on Wiedermark in the PSG! Good job Kymmy!
Gracia rode in her first time at third level, finishing second in the Juniors on Independence!

-Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment