Thursday, May 9, 2013

Aussie Homebreds Debut in Style




I am very proud to say that last weekend at MCTA Horse Trials, two of my Homebreds from Australia debuted in the Open Beginner Novice.  Ray Price and Wallaroo both just turned four years old and have been here in the States for the past 18 months.
L-R: Amy Lindgren, Caitlin on Wallaroo, Lindsey, and Ray Price
I own half of each of these horses with my long term supporter Amy Lindgren.  Amy has been good enough to own a number of horses through the years, including USEA Prelim Horse of the Year Minotaure De Passoir and Warranga.  It has been a real thrill to be connected with Amy, and watch these horses develop over the years.

Both Ray Price and Wallaroo are a result of three generations of breeding. They are both 75% thoroughbred and 25% Dutch warmblood.  They have close relations to Grand Prix show jumpers, Grand Prix dressage horses, and Olympic 4-star eventers.

I can't tell you how excited I am about the future with not only these young horses, but all of the up and coming horses that are aiming for great things in the future. I very much enjoy producing them, and feel that the production of quality young horses is the key to any rider's success who is keen to be at the top of this sport for a long period of time.

-Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment