Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Greetings from Australia


Greetings from Australia!




Silva and I arrived in sunny Australia yesterday morning. Nice warm weather, about 80 degrees. After checking in with Auntie Jan, (my number 1 fan) in Sydney, we drove up to Lochinvar, which is about 2 hours north of Sydney in the Hunter Valley. My mum and dad own about a 160-acre farm where we still are breeding horses. There are about 30 horses still there, some of which are being selected to come over to America.




I haven't seen my breeding stock in over a year, and I must say I am impressed. My most favorite horse in the world is my mare Fair Fiona W. I plan to bring her over in March next year to resume her eventing career. She won the Sydney Three Day event as 5-year-old. She has just had the most impressive foal I have ever seen. He is by an American thoroughbred stallion called Raza Stanza and I have named him Ray Price after a great Australian footballer.




Silva was also excited to see the horse she plans to ship over to America this year. Her name is Rosa Charm, (I think), and she's a three year old by Regarde-Moi (Rubinstein). She is just about to have a foal by His Highness.

-Boyd




No comments:

Post a Comment