Monday, November 16, 2009

The Last Dance

Silva and Caitlin wrapped up the season at Morven Park this past weekend. It is always good to finish off the season with a final good result, and they certainly did!

Silva said: Fendi W was the star of the show this weekend. He really really impressed me and showed me that he is the real deal. I showed him for the first time in training level and he tried his little heart out.

He got off the trailer and nothing fazed him; we got to the warm up and he was all business. There was none of that drama that you usually get when you take young horses to their first shows. He warmed up beautifully and when he went into the ring for the first time all by himself he tried even harder to impress me. He was showing off to everybody!

Fendi and I won both our classes with great scores: 73.3% the first day and 75.5% the next day.I am a little sad that I have to sell him, but I think the person that buys him will be a lucky person and is going to have so much fun.



Jeff the Chef W did his first Intermediaire 2 test at Morven! I was very happy with him. The I-2 test is very difficult and he really tried his best. We had some especially great moments in piaffe and passage and did all our one-tempi changes. All of these things are new to him in the show ring and he handled them very well.I really think he is going to be a big-time horse.



Caitlin and her beautiful mare Gabriella Rossellini placed second on Saturday in their first time competing at third level and won on Sunday at second level with very good scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment