Thursday, November 11, 2010

Greetings from Horse Show Heaven in North Carolina!



Hi everyone,

I am back from France and excited to compete my dressage horses again!

Devon and I arrived at the Senator Bob Martin Eastern Agricultural Complex in Williamston, NC for the Region 1 Championships at the NCDCTA Harvest Moon Dressage Show. We drove nine hours south yesterday and about 8 hours into our trip we did not see anything but cotton fields and trailer homes! That was a little scary because we started think our GPS was sending us somewhere else. Then, in the middle of nowhere, we see this massive, beautiful Equestrian Center. Pretty funny!

This place has everything you can imagine: two indoors, about 5 outdoor arenas, great barns with huge fans and huge wash stalls. It's a perfect place for a show and a shame it's not closer to home for us.

Devon and I are showing in the GAIG Regional Championships. Devon just won the Junior Championships at the BLMs and is showing her horse Rembrandt again while I have Sea Lord, Duvent, Rosa Cha and Lillian's mare Ariel here.

Our first classes are today. I will keep you updated on how we are doing!

Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment