Saturday, November 27, 2010

Waranga W Has his First Jump School

Well folks, I must admit I love this time of the year. While the higher level hot shots like Nev and Remi are on holiday, there is heaps of time to get the young horses going. This year we have a couple of exceptional three year olds starting up, one of which is Waranga ,who had his first jump school today.

I own Waranga in partnership with my first supporter, Amy Lindgren. For those of you that don't know, Amy also owns Minotaure Du Passoir,(whom she is riding in the background of this video). Min was last year's USEA Prelim Horse of the Year, and this year's Bromont CCI* winner.

Waranga is mostly Australian Thoroughbred, with a bit of French and Belgian Warmblood jumping blood mixed in. His mother is a very close relation to Blyth Tait's Olympic champion Ready Teddy. Waranga is a good mover, and also looks to have a promising jump.

He is still a bit immature in his body, so I think it is wise to work with him through the winter, and then turn him out and leave him in the field whilst we are in Aiken next year. I can't wait until this little guy gets old enough to compete.

Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment