Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Silva's Girls Clean Up at Dressage Show in NJ!

I feel so lucky to have my girls, they’re awesome and they’re doing such a great job with all the horses while I am recuperating! They went to a show at Saddlebrook in NJ over the weekend and had great results:

Rio Royale, owned by Pam Murphy and bred by Melinda and Larry Won with 72% at his first show, with Kymmy riding. Kymmy also rode Danka Shoene, owned and bred by Melinda Walton and Larry Smith. He’s just turning 4 so he’s a real baby and he is just fabulous. He did training 2 and 3 and won with 70 and 72%.

Kymmy also rode Rigoletto, "Toni", owned by Sandy Retzlaff and she did 2nd level test 3 and won with 67% and did 3rd test 1 and won with 62%.

Brightside, ("Eddie") owned by Gloria Callan and Mike Laver, is a young horse I bought in Ireland. He doesn’t really understand any dressage yet and he’s only 4, so I just wanted him to get out and get some experience., He scored 69% at training level. It’s really important for him to get exposure and Scout did a really good job with him.


I'm very frustrated not to be riding - it's ironic that when I'm working hard all the time I'd like to take a rest, but now that the doctors tell me I have to rest, all I want to do is get back to work!



This is just such a stupid injury, but of course everyone around us is amazing, there are so many people helping us in every way, I’m blown away and feel like the luckiest person in the world to have these girls keep my business going. 

I've gone from five to three days a week of rehab and am steadily improving. I'll get some photos and tell you all about it tomorrow.

-Silva




 


1 comment:

  1. You and your girls are amazing !
    So happy to hear you are getting strong and healthy Silva. Keep up the good work : )

    ReplyDelete