Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ready for [a slightly modified] Jersey Fresh

Coaching Lillian Heard at Rolex Kentucky
I’ve been riding full time and show jumping a lot, and I'm getting stronger and stronger, but my leg is not quite there yet. It’s hard to hold the galloping position, so my plan for Jersey Fresh is to ride Otis in the dressage and show jumping, while Shamwari will do the full CCI3* with Phillip Dutton in the irons. I plan to ride both horses in the Intermediate at Waredaca before we go to the Luhmuhlen CCI4* in Germany next month. 

All my girls are riding this weekend at Jersey Fresh: Caitlin and Erin are both regrouping after Kentucky and Lil has got a couple of really good two-star horses that she's competing. This has been a favorite three-star of mine every year; it’s basically America’s premier spring CCI3*, and it's a fun weekend for everyone with top competition and a fun atmosphere. I think Silva’s going to make an appearance tomorrow so it should be a great weekend.

-Boyd


No comments:

Post a Comment