Friday, July 18, 2014

For Sale - New Cadet - Talented Upper Level Eventer!

New Cadet
New Cadet is the real deal!  This is a talented upper level event horse who will take his next ambitious rider to the top of the sport.  He placed 6th in the June horse trials at Plantation Field in the Open Intermediate division.

NAME: New Cadet
SEX: Gelding
COLOUR: Brown
HEIGHT: 16.2hh
DATE OF BIRTH: 4-23-05
COUNTY OF BIRTH: USA
SIRE: Private Terms
DAM: Couloir (by Nepal)
BREED: American Thoroughbred
BREEDER: Jimmy Hawkins
PLACE OF BIRTH: Lexington, KY
OWNER: Mrs Anne Hennesey, VT


Video Credit Horsepesterer Plantation Field 2*



Caddy is nothing short of what I would call a 'Raw Athelete'.  I believe if we lived in medieval times, I would like to ride this horse to battle. He is bold, powerful and very tough.

I found Caddy in Atlanta Georgia, shortly after the memorial day fire. My coach, Phillip Dutton had spotted him while teaching a jumping clinic at another American Olympian's farm at Julie Richards. He came home and said to me that he had found 'your kind of horse'.  I flew down there and liked him from the get go.

Anne Hennesey has been a long time supporter and friend, and has owned some fantastic horses in the past with Benwald and the late Summer Breeze. Both Anne and I were devastated in loosing Summer, and it was a tough job finding a horse to take her place.  I knew when I got Caddy she would love this horse.

Even though Caddy is a failed race horse, and originally was discovered at a horse rescue facility, I believe he is the real deal. He has the movement and look for dressage, a serious jump and gallops with ease. I have really enjoyed training this gelding.

He is a first-class event horse that is probably best suited to a more experienced rider.  He is an awesome cross country horse with a lot of heart and has only received one cross country jumping fault in his whole career! He has competed successfully at the Intermediate level for the past year, and will soon be ready to move up to advanced level.

Serious inquiries only 
Phone Boyd 610 806 2381 for an appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment