Tuesday, August 19, 2014

CDCTA Dressage 2014

We were showing at CDCTA show Glenwood Park in Middleburg, VA over the weekend. It was a great facility and and the show was run incredibly well; I’m definitely going to go back.

I rode Benefactor RRS and Danka Schoene RRS and I also had Pamela Murphy on Rio Royale RRS and Amy Heron on Constantina RRS, all bred by Melinda Holland and Larry Smith.

We stayed with Melinda and Larry and it was a great weekend because they have a beautiful place, they cooked amazing food and we got to see all their new babies. They took wonderful care of us and it was a great weekend.

All the horses did really well. Pamela rode like a star this weekend and won Training 2 and 3 with 71%. Amy also did really well, she had a couple of costly mistakes in both tests but I’m proud of her for carrying on and finishing.

My horses were both perfect, Benny won both Second test 3 classes with 69% and Danka scored 68% both days in Training level -- though I’m not sure how he placed because we left before the class was finished.

Of course they are very good horses for me because they’re quiet and listen to me 100%. I think with Benny I have to push for more at the championship, and I will when we get there. Danka is more of a baby and had some green mistakes but that’s okay, it’s all about getting him out and seeing new things, and it was a good experience for both of them.

I'll be heading to France this Friday to help Boyd in his preparations for the WEG! 

-Silva


No comments:

Post a Comment