Friday, September 12, 2008

Dressage Day at the AEC


A message from Boyd:

"I'm here at my second AEC and it's bigger and better than last year. Remington did a fantastic dressage test - the best I've had on him. He showed enthusiasm and excitement all in a controlled test, so I was over the moon with him. He scored 34.1 which left us tied for seventh, not too far off the lead.

"The Intermediate Championships cross-country course looks tough and challenging but after a great run at the Richland CIC**, I know he's up to it.

"In the Advanced, Benwald did really well in the torrential rain. It was a bit of a waste of time him washing today: by the time I got through the test he was covered in the footing from the arena. I was happy enough with the quality of the test, but he fumbled both lead changes. That was a shame, because he's been doing them well at home.

"The Advanced Championship cross-country is a big call for Benwald, but he also ran well around Richland Park in the advanced division."

Note: Due to ongoing rain at the AEC, the event organizers have decided to alter the schedule: show jumping will now take place on Saturday afternoon while cross-country has been postponed until Sunday.

Photo of Boyd riding Benwald copyright Amber Heintzberger

No comments:

Post a Comment