Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Welcome to Melinda Walton and T. Larry Smith and Their Horses

I am very excited to welcome Melinda Walton and her husband T. Larry Smith and their amazing horses Duvent and CeCe into my team! I feel so lucky and excited that Melinda and Larry have decided that I am the right person to ride, train and show these wonderful, home bred horses.

CeCe is a 4-year-old mare by Contucci out of Heidekind, who is by Rubinstein. CeCe has only been under saddle for a very short time but if you did not know that about her, you would think that she has been doing her job forever. She is a wonderful, good-natured mare with the best brain. We love having her around and I am looking forward to showing her for the first time at the New Jersey Horse Park in September in the materiale class.

Duvent is a 7-year-old gelding by DeNiro out of Heidekind. Duvent is CeCe's half brother and a spectacular horse. He is one of those horses that catches everybody's eye. He looks stunning and has a lot of quality and potential. I am excited to see what we can do together, not just because I think he is a fantastic horse with a lot of movement and talent, but also because he is a horse that suits me very well. The very first time I rode him I loved the feel of him and we understood each other straight away.

I am going to show Duvent for the first time at the CDI at Saugerties, NY this coming weekend. I am showing him in second level just to see how he acts at the show, without too much pressure for our first time out together.

I took Duvent to Jessica Ransehousen recently to take a lesson and see what she thinks of him. Jessica likes him very much and she thinks that together we have a lot of potential. That is very encouraging!

Here is a little video of our lesson:

Check the blog for news from Saugerties next week!

-Silva

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Signe Ferguson, I am the god daughter of melinda and larry, looks like they did amazing work with duvent! I know this is an odd request, but I was wondering if you could contact them and tell them to contact me at signeferguson@yahoo.com or send me an email with their info, because I cannot seem to find it and have been out of touch with them for quite some time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete