Monday, June 6, 2011

Becky Holder's Requiem for a Friend


The Pilot, a publication from Southern Pines, North Carolina, recently interviewed Becky Holder about her experiences with Call Me Ollie, the sweet and talented bay gelding that Boyd had recently started riding for owner Faye Woolf before the fire at TPF ended his life too soon. Here is an excerpt and a link to the rest of the article.

From THE PILOT, written by STEPHANIE DIAZ:

"When I contacted Becky Holder late Tuesday, she thought she’d be able to talk about Ollie the following morning.

“Can we do it tomorrow when I have my emotions more in control?” Holder wrote in an e-mail Tuesday night. Of course, I wrote back, I understand completely.

It wasn’t until Friday morning that Holder could summon the strength to share her memories of Call Me Ollie, the 11-year-old gelding she first met in a snow-blanketed field during a Minnesota winter five years ago."

to continue reading, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment