Saturday, October 12, 2013

Boyd's XC Recap from Boekelo

Hello All,

Today was a tough day cross-country for Oscar and me. By the time we started out on course at 4pm this afternoon, the ground was well and truly deep and tiring. I set off at a good pace, but soon felt Oscar struggling. Unlike at Rolex Kentucky back in April, I eased up on him and tried to let him recover a bit, still maintaining our rhythm. He was jumping reasonably well, and was reading all of the questions. I must say he was a little bit awkward into both waters, but got through them with encouragement.

He did seem to pick up a bit around the seven minute mark. This was encouraging to me so I kicked on home. He seemed to jump the last third of the course well. I am obviously disappointed with the time penalties, and part of me wishes I was a little harder on him throughout the course, as he recovered quickly! He is trotting up sound and looks happy for tomorrow.

 I thought both Lauren and Liz rode really well, but got a little unlucky at the end of the course.

Boyd


No comments:

Post a Comment