Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fighting Fit for Boekelo


Oscar’s all settled in here in Holland. After a hectic weekend at Morven Park, the pace over here has been quite relaxing, with Oscar only needing flat work once a day. Both Silva and David have been helping me and it seems like everything is in order for Oscar to put in a good test. He trotted up well today, and we have the first veterinary inspection tomorrow. It looks like I’m scheduled to ride last in the dressage for team USA, which should be Friday sometime.

Both Liz Halliday and Lauren Kieffer’s horses look in excellent condition. Overall it looks like an unbelievably competitive field of Olympic veterans on classy horseflesh. I feel like I’ve had a great preparation and I’m looking for a competitive result from Oscar.

-Boyd


No comments:

Post a Comment